SEWARD COMMUNITY LIBRARY & MUSEUM
Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018
- Internet service will be interrupted due to router upgrades and reconfiguration needed to address copyright infringement activity occurring on our public internet.
- This interruption may last a few hours or the entire day.
- We will still be open and computer programs not dependent upon internet access will continue to work, as well as our copiers, printers and fax machine.
- Please note that continued copyright infringement activity may result in a loss of public internet services.
TEMPORARY LIBRARY & MUSEUM WI-FI HOURS
Mon, Fri & Sat, 8am-6pm
Tues, Wed & Thurs, 8am-8pm
No Wi-Fi on Sundays
- Our public Wi-Fi will be turn off when we are closed until further notice due to copyright infringement activity occurring on our public internet.
- Regular Wi-Fi hours (Sun-Sat, 6am-Midnight) will resume when we have the necessary software and equipment to mitigate copyright infringement activities.
WHAT IS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT?
Generally, copyright infringement occurs when a copyrighted work is reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of the copyright owner. Learn more about copyright in this PFD document from the US Copyright Office at https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
Valarie Kingsland, Director
Seward Community Library & Museum
“Connecting Our Community, Sharing Our Stories”