- There is a MANDATORY meeting for Student Council during lunch in Mr. Hinder’s room.
- We will run a Table Top ALICE Drill during the back half of advisory on Thursday (from 9:55-10:05). ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) Training prepares individuals to handle threat of an Active Shooter. This new set of skills will greatly increase the odds of survival should anyone face this form of disaster.
- Summer school will take place June 1-24, 8am-12pm in the HS library. Anyone with an “F” in S1 or S2 is signed up! Check with Martha if you have questions.
- Cross Country sign up is happening this week. Stop by Coach Marshall’s room and get your running logs.
- This is a big week for seniors. Today and Thursday are finals, Friday is graduation practice, senior picnic and parade.
- Our Academic and Athletic Awards Night is Friday, May 13th. It will begin at 7pm in the High School Theater. Scholarships will be awarded along with academic awards and athletic scholar awards.
- A Baccalaureate Ceremony for the senior class will be held on Sunday, May 15th at 6pm in the High School Theater. All are welcome.
- Graduation is Monday, May 16th at 7pm in the gymnasium. The last day of classes for all students is Wednesday, May 18th.
- Accuplacer testing is available by appointment. Last day to schedule testing is today. See Jackie Marshall.
- Walk-in Registration for fall Kenai Peninsula College classes remains open until Friday, May 13th. See Jackie Marshall!
- Clean out the closets, clean out the garage, it’s time for the semi-annual PTA garage sale at the high school cafeteria May the 21st from 9 AM till 2 PM. Those wonderful treasures you no longer need but can’t throw away can be dropped off at the loading dock in back off the school after 2 PM on Friday the 20th. It all goes to a good cause.
- The KPBSD Distance Learning Program will be offering online classes during a summer session. These will be first-time credit classes. The summer session will begin Wednesday, May 25, 2016 and end Wednesday, August 10, 2016. Students must have passed all spring term classes to be eligible for the summer session.
- The City of Seward parks & recreation department is seeking crew members for the ALPAR Litter crew this summer. The part-time job pays minimum wage, about 20 hours per week. The job will begin in early June and work through mid-August. Crew must be age 14 at a minimum. To apply, see www.cityofseward.us or email TFoster@CityofSeward.net.