- Finals are on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday is class check out and locker clean up followed by a school picnic. We will run modified bell schedules these days. They are posted in the hallways.
- Good luck to our soccer teams as they take on Nikiski after school today here at home. Games start at 3pm. Come on out in the sunshine and cheer on the Seahawks!
- Any students interested in attending the UAF Seward Marine Center’s summer institute may pick up applications in Mr. Reising’s room. Applications must be turned in to Mr. Reising by noon on Tuesday, May 17.
- Summer school will take place June 1-24, 8am-12pm in the HS library. Anyone with an “F” in S1 or S2 is signed up! Check with Martha if you have questions.
- Cross Country sign up is happening this week. Stop by Coach Marshall’s room and get your running logs.
- Our Academic and Athletic Awards Night is tonight, Friday, May 13th. It will begin at 7pm in the High School Theater. Scholarships will be awarded along with academic awards and athletic scholar awards.
- A Baccalaureate Ceremony for the senior class will be held on Sunday, May 15th at 6pm in the High School Theater. All are welcome.
- Graduation is Monday, May 16th at 7pm in the gymnasium. The last day of classes for all students is Wednesday, May 18th.
- Walk-in Registration for fall Kenai Peninsula College classes remains open until today, Friday, May 13th. See Jackie Marshall!
- Clean out the closets, clean out the garage, it’s time for the semi-annual PTA garage sale at the high school cafeteria May the 21st from 9 AM till 2 PM. Those wonderful treasures you no longer need but can’t throw away can be dropped off at the loading dock in back off the school after 2 PM on Friday the 20th. It all goes to a good cause.
- The KPBSD Distance Learning Program will be offering online classes during a summer session. These will be first-time credit classes. The summer session will begin Wednesday, May 25, 2016 and end Wednesday, August 10, 2016. Students must have passed all spring term classes to be eligible for the summer session.
- The City of Seward parks & recreation department is seeking crew members for the ALPAR Litter crew this summer. The part-time job pays minimum wage, about 20 hours per week. The job will begin in early June and work through mid-August. Crew must be age 14 at a minimum. To apply, see www.cityofseward.us or email TFoster@CityofSeward.net.
Monday, May 16
Periods 1, 3, 5
Tuesday, May 17
Periods 2, 4, 6
Period 1 & 2 7:50 – 9:35am
Advisory 9:40 – 10:05am
Period 3 & 4 10:10 – 11:55 am
Lunch 12:00pm – 12:30pm
Period 5 & 6 12:35 – 2:20pm
Wednesday, May 18
Period 1 7:50-8:25
Period 2 8:30-9:05
Period 3 9:10-9:45
Period 4 9:50-10:25
Period 5 10:30-11:05
Period 6 11:10-11:45
Locker Clean-Out 11:45-12:15
Student Council Picnic 12:15-2:20