- NHS applications are due today. Please get them filled out and to Martha by 3pm.
- Accuplacer testing is available by appointment. Last day to schedule testing is May 11th. See Jackie Marshall.
- The KPBSD School Board will be meeting at Seward High School on Monday, May 2nd at 6pm in the HS Theater. The public is invited to attend.
- Wednesday, May 4th is an early release day with classes getting out at 12:50pm.
- All library items are due by May 9th. Lost items must be paid for by May 16th in order to be cleared for the end of the year check out. This is especially important for seniors hoping to receive their diplomas. Please check with the library if you need to know what you have checked out.
- Attention all poets! There will be a Poetry Slam on Thursday, May 5th at Rez Art. It starts at 6:00, but you need to arrive at 5:30 to get your name on the list. The winner earns a slot on the Alaskan State Team that will travel to the Brave New Voices competition in Washington, DC, this summer. Prepare and polish 3 original poems you have written. Any questions, ask Ms. Swander.
- The KPBSD Distance Learning Program will be offering online classes during a summer session. These will be first-time credit classes. The summer session will begin Wednesday, May 25, 2016 and end Wednesday, August 10, 2016. Students must have passed all spring term classes to be eligible for the summer session.
- Looking for some community service hours? Sports & Rec is looking for Pink Cheeks Triathlon volunteers on May 7th to help them host a successful, safe and fun event. The triathlon wouldn’t be possible without all the wonderful volunteers. Please consider helping with this fun community event. Every volunteer receives a FREE t-shirt. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e094eadab2ba13-pink4 access code PINK or email Melanie email@example.com or call at 224-4011.
- The City of Seward parks & recreation department is seeking crew members for the ALPAR Litter crew this summer. The part-time job pays minimum wage, about 20 hours per week. The job will begin in early June and work through mid-August. Crew must be age 14 at a minimum. To apply, see www.cityofseward.us or email TFoster@CityofSeward.net.
- Mr. Bickling provides math tutoring in the library on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school. Remember – the 5:00 PM bus can get you home if transportation is an issue. Mr. Bickling will open the gym on Mondays at lunch in addition to Young Life’s Tuesday and Thursday schedule.