Uncategorized

Carbon Monoxide, A Silent Killer

Winter in Alaska provides us many opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, or to spend some quality time indoors too.  Staying warm while it’s cold outside is a primary concern to most all of us, but there can be unforeseen hazards from the odorless, colorless gas, Carbon Monoxide.  This product of combustion results in deaths each winter across the nation and especially here in Alaska.  You can learn about protecting your home from this silent killer in the FREE publication, Carbon Monoxide, A Silent Killer, available from your local Cooperative Extension Service or online.

Your local Cooperative Extension Service is your year round resource for a variety of topics, visit us today at:  http://www.uaf.edu/ces/districts/kenai/  to find this publication and more

Advertisement

or stop by and see us in the Doors and Windows Bldg. on K-Beach Road between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. We are “Learning for Life”.

Submitted by Janice Chumley, UAF Cooperative Extension Service, Research Technician

Advertisement

Comments are closed.