The Alaska SeaLife Center, a non-profit organization generating and sharing scientific knowledge that promotes understanding and stewardship of Alaska’s marine ecosystems is seeking applications for the following:
Part-Time Security Officer
This position is responsible for ensuring good order, proper conduct, and safe conditions at the Alaska SeaLife Center.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
1. Patrols the facilities and grounds ensuring that good order, proper conduct and safe conditions prevail.
2. Provides a variety of assistance to staff and visitors; responds to emergency request for assistance or crime in progress; takes initial action as the situation requires. Responds to and investigates incidents to include interviewing witnesses, photo documentation and preparing the incident report.
3. When necessary and after proper evaluation of conditions, takes into physical custody person or persons causing a disturbance, disruption or damage to the Center’s property.
4. Monitors facilities after hours by foot patrol, various electronic equipment and vehicle. Makes trouble calls to on-call ASLC personnel and calls for police assistance when required by departmental procedures.
5. Carries out light custodial tasks as assigned. Tasks may include vacuuming of gallery and office floors, assisting with carpet shampooing, dusting, and light cleaning.
6. Maintains CPR/First Aid certification. Provides CPR/Fist Aid as needed.
7. Provides aid to staff and visitors in emergency situations.
8. Maintains daily log of events and unusual occurrences that take place during their shift.
9. Works a rotating shift. May be required to work overtime.
10. Maintains a valid driver’s license.
High school diploma or GED. Satisfactory completion of two or more courses dealing with security officer training from the military or a recognized institution preferred. Completion of one or more self-defense training courses preferred. Working knowledge of communications and security alarm systems preferred. Skills in communicating with diverse groups, maintaining confidentiality, decision making, and basic computer skills required.
This is a part-time position.
Start Date: ASAP
Apply by: Open Until Filled
Send resume & application (downloadable on website) to HR@alaskasealife.org or ASLC, Human Resources, P.O.
Box 1329, Seward, AK 99664, or fax 907-224-6320.