This position is responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of the building and grounds at the Alaska SeaLife Center.
Education and Experience Requirements: One year experience in a similar position. Experience working directly with the public preferred.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Carries out proper procedures for cleaning and care of the interior and exterior of the Center.
- Maintains a wide range of surfaces to an exceptionally high degree of cleanliness through the proper use of a variety of cleaning agents/materials, machines, etc. The high value and unique nature of the materials to be cleaned require extreme caution and care during the cleaning process to avoid costly damage.
- Maintains familiarity with MSDS system and hazardous communications.
- Assists with the maintenance and cleaning of the Center’s grounds, sidewalks, parking lots, driveways, and handrail systems.
- Receives and follows verbal and written directives concerning proper procedures for cleaning and care of the interior and exterior of the Center.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of proper safety procedures.
- Operates various types of hand and power equipment such as vacuums, washers and various types of cleaning equipment.
- Sets up tables, chairs, and other requested equipment for various events.
- Works a rotating shift schedule. May be required to work overtime.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license.
This is a seasonal, full-time position.
Apply by: Open until filled
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: September 15, 2014
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.