The Alaska SeaLife Center (ASLC) generates and shares scientific knowledge to promote understanding and stewardship of Alaska’s marine ecosystems. ASLC is seeking applications for the following:
Human Resource Assistant
This position is responsible for administrative duties within the Human Resource Department. This position also assists with the intern programs at the Alaska SeaLife Center.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school or GED required with four years experience in a similar position or the equivalent. Experience in Human Resources and/or intern programs preferred. Some college preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook/Google is required.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manages Intern and volunteer program operation under the supervision of the HR Director including recruiting, correspondence, interviewing, reference checks, orientation, housing, evaluation management and exiting.
- Maintains filing and database systems for HR department and generates reports as requested.
- Performs full administrative duties of a responsible and confidential nature including correspondence, photocopying, and faxing. Compiles and summarizes data and completes required forms.
- Assists with the administration of the recruiting program for the Alaska SeaLife Center.
- Assists in planning and coordinating meetings, including scheduling, invitations, site reservations, equipment and supply needs.
- Assists in HR Department inventory tracking and ordering supplies. Researches purchase options, negotiates discounts, and maintains and tracks all files related to purchasing.
- Ensures that all transactional items are properly coded, documented, and submitted to finance in a timely manner, including timesheets, housing logs, invoices, petty cash receipts, etc.
This is a regular, full-time position. ASLC offers a competitive wage (DOE) and benefits package.
Apply by: Open until filled
Start Date: As soon as possible
Send application and resume to HR@alaskasealife.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.