Monday, August 26, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
OF AGENDA AND CONSENT AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDERS, PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS
Formal Introduction of Delegates from Obihiro, Japan.
1. Honorable Mayor Norihisa Yonezawa
2. City Council President Katsunori Nohara
3. Mayor’s Office Manager Toshihiko Sekiguchi
4. International & Domestic Relations Section Staff Takahiro Nishioka
5. International & Domestic Relations Section Interpreter Josh Neta
B. Proclamations and Awards
- Seward’s 110th Anniversary of Founder’s Day is August 28, 2013
- Recognizing Rowan Bean for representing Alaska in the National “Healthy Lunchtime Challenge” at the Kid’s State Dinner in Washington, D.C.
- Heartbeat Alaska Proclamation
- Chamber of Commerce Report
- City Manager’s Report
E. Mayor’s Report
F. Other Reports and Presentations
A. Ordinances for Public Hearing and Enactment
1. Non-Code Ordinance 2013-011, Authorizing A Replat Of Tract C-1, Gateway Subdivision Per Plat Number 85-9, As Gateway Subdivision Addition No. 2, Exempting The Transfer Of Tract C-6 Of The Replat From The Subdivision Requirements Of Title 16 Of The Seward City Code Of Ordinances, And Authorizing The Landowner To Complete The Replat Subject To Certain Conditions.
2. Non-Code Ordinance 2013-012, Authorizing The Completion Of The Tax Foreclosure Process And The Disposal Of The Property Described As The West ½ Of Lots 19 And 20, Block 30, Original Townsite Of Seward; With Tax Parcel Id Number Of 14813010, Located At 408 Madison.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - None
- A. Resolutions
*1. Resolution 2013-066, Accepting Funds For The Seward Historic Preservation Commission’s FY2013 Certified Local Government (CLG) Grant Award For Review And Revision Of The Seward Historic Preservation Plan In The Amount Of $13,420, Including $8,052 Federal Share And $5,368 Non-Federal In-Kind Contributions, And Appropriating Funds.
*2. Resolution 2013-067, Authorizing The City Manager To Accept Grant Funds From The Alaska Division Of Homeland Security And Emergency Management In The Amount Of $8,160.00 For Travel Expenses In Connection With Preparation For The Alaska Shield 2014 Exercise, And Appropriating Funds.
Other New Business Items
1. Schedule one or more work sessions to discuss the 2014-2015 Biennial Budget Planning.
2. Schedule a work session to discuss the Community Health Center’s (CHC) Employment Status.
INFORMATIONAL ITEMS AND REPORTS (No Action Required)
RESPONSE TO CITIZEN COMMENTS