- What day(s) and time(s) you’d be available to volunteer, and if there are specific jobs you’d prefer (or want to avoid)
- Whether you’d prefer an indoors job (like registration and t-shirt/patch pickup) or are willing to work outside (e.g. crowd control/traffic control)
- If you’d be willing to climb halfway up the mountain to do timing/crowd control for the junior, women’s, or men’s races
- Whether you have friends or family members who want to volunteer in the same area, at the same time.
- July 3rd at Seward High School; volunteer shifts are from 4:15 to 6pm, or from 5:45 to 8pm. (Racers begin checking in at 5 pm.)
- July 4th at Race Headquarters; shifts are from 8-11am, 11am-2pm, noon to 3pm and 2:45 to 5:30pm
Crowd control, traffic control, and tracking runners along the race route on July 4th
- Set up crowd-control fencing along streets and at the finish line from 6 am to 8:30 am
- Help with crowd control at the bottom of the mountain (including the rock chute) and along Seward streets–shifts run from 9-11am, 11 am-2pm, or 2:45 to 5:30pm.
- For those willing and able to climb up the mountain, we’re looking for people to record bib numbers and crowd control volunteers at halfway points for the junior race (9 to 11am), the women’s race (11am to 2pm), and the men’s race (2:45-5:30 pm). Please allow time to get to your spot before the shift starts.
- Traffic control at 1st & Jefferson, 2nd & Jefferson, and 3rd & Jefferson during all three races (9-11am, 11am-1:30pm, or 2:45 to 5:30pm). We have some experienced volunteers but want to add extra help since it can be a challenge to keep cars out of the intersection.
- Help take down the crowd-control fencing and the grandstand from 4:45 to 7:45 pm.
Please contact Amy Haddow by e-mail at email@example.com to ask questions or secure your spot. And if you can’t make it, please encourage friends and family to volunteer!