March 11, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.: City Council Joint Work Session with the Community Health Center Board (CHC) – City Council Chambers
March 11, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.: City Council Regular Meeting – City Council Chambers. Click below to see agenda details.
March 13, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.: City Council Work Session to review 2012 International Codes – Library/Museum Community Room *Note NEW location.
SEWARD CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
- 1. CALL TO ORDER
- 2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- 3. ROLL CALL
- 4. CITIZEN COMMENTS ON ANY SUBJECT EXCEPT THOSE ITEMS SCHEDULED FOR PUBLIC HEARING
- 5. APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND CONSENT AGENDA
6. SPECIAL ORDERS, PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS
A. Proclamations and Awards
1. March is American Red Cross Month
B. Borough Assembly Report
C. City Manager’s Report
D. Mayor Report
E. Other Reports and Presentations
- Historic Preservation Commission Quarterly Report.
- Cook Inlet Aquaculture Association Report by Seward Board Representative Tim McDonald.
- Presentation by Providence Seward Administrator Joe Fong to present 2012 Annual Operational Report.
7. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Ordinances for Public Hearing and Enactment
1. Ordinance 2013-002, Amending The Seward City Code Relating To The Regulation Of Door-To-Door Solicitors On Residential Property.
8. UNFINISHED BUSINESS – None
9. NEW BUSINESS
- A. Resolutions
*1. Resolution 2013-016, Accepting Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Trustee Council Funds In The Amount Of $620,656 From The State Of Alaska Department Of Environmental Conservation For Construction Of The Vessel Wash Down And Wastewater Recycling Facility At The Seward Marine Industrial Center, And Appropriating Funds.
2. Resolution 2013-017, Authorizing Amendment To The Contract With R&M Consultants Inc. For Marine Coastal Engineering Services For The Seward Marine Industrial Center, Changing The Scope Of Work To Include Geotechnical Services And Permitting, And Increasing The Contract By $505,503.
3. Resolution 2013-018, Authorizing The City Manager To Enter Into A Purchase Agreement With R & M Steel Co. Of Caldwell, Idaho For The Purchase And Shipment Of A Steel Building Kit For A Total Amount Not To Exceed $196,232 To Waive The Normal Bid Procurement Procedures, And Appropriating Funds.
B. Other New Business Items
*1. Approval Of The January 28, 2013, February 11, 2013, and February 25, 2013 City Council Regular Meeting Minutes and the January 28, 2013, February 26, 2013 and February 28, 2013 City Council Special Meeting Minutes.
*2. Appoint Alexis Campestre to the Planning and Zoning Commission, with term expiring February 2015.
*3. Appoint Frank DeMarco to the Historic Preservation Commission, with a term to expire May 2015.
10. COUNCIL COMMENTS
11. CITIZEN COMMENTS
12. COUNCIL AND ADMINISTRATION RESPONSE TO CITIZEN COMMENTS
SEWARD CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
March 11, 2013
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Seward City Council will conduct a public hearing on the following items of business at its regular meeting on Monday, March 11, 2013:
Ordinance 2013-002, Amending The Seward City Code Relating To The Regulation Of Door-To-Door Solicitors On Residential Property.
Essential terms and conditions of leases and all other pertinent copies of public hearing documents are available for review at the city clerk office. The public hearing will commence at 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as business permits, in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 410 Adams Street, Seward. All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting and participate in the discussion; or, written comments may be sent to the City of Seward, c/o City Clerk, P.O. Box 167, Seward, AK 99664, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 7:30 p.m.
City Council Chambers
(Work Session to begin on March 13, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers Topic: Review and Revision of FY2013 CLG Grant)
1. Special Reports
- A. City Administration Report
- B. Other Reports, Announcements & Presentations
- Friends of the Jesse Lee Home Update by Richardson
- Commission Project Updates by Lasota
2. Unfinished Business
A. Approve Revised May 16, 2012 Regular Meeting Minutes
3. New Business
A. Resolution 2013-002 Approval of FY2013 CLG Grant Application
*B. Approve February 26, 2013 Regular Meeting Minutes
HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION
REGULAR MEETING ACTION AGENDA
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
The following business items were approved:
Resolution 2013-001: Requesting Council support and approval of Commission priorities.
The October 24, 2012 Regular Historic Preservation Minutes were approved.
PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND REGIONAL CITIZENS’ ADVISORY COUNCIL
City of Seward Seat Vacancy
The Seward City Council is seeking citizens interested in becoming an appointed representative of the City of Seward to the Prince William Sound Regional Citizens’ Advisory Council (PWSRCAC) to serve a two year term.
This representative can expect to devote an average of ten (10) hours per month on PWSRCAC business. The full Board conducts three 2-day meetings each year in January, May and September. In addition, annual budget and planning meetings are held, as well as special meetings for committees and/or work groups.
The term for this representative will expire in May, 2015. Any citizens interested in serving on the PWSRCAC may submit a letter of interest to the City Clerk no later than Friday, March 29, 2013 by 5 p.m. The Seward City Council will appoint a member to this organization at the April 8, 2013 City Council Meeting, which will begin at 7:00 pm in the Seward Council Chambers. For more information, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 907-224-4046.